Quick start - Stake
Razor network is a proof of stake network. In order to participate in the network as a validator, you will need to "Stake" your RAZORs. RAZORs are the native tokens in the network and they are compatible with the ERC20 tokens standard.
Warning: Razor network is in alpha state and is deployed on Matic Mumbai testnet. Please don't use assets with value.
You will need some MATIC Tokens to pay for transaction fees.
You can get some here:
In order to get started, you will also need some MATIC RAZORs.
- Use an ethereum compatible browser (e.g. Chrome browser with Metamask plugin)
- Set the network to "Matic Mumbai Testnet" in Metamask
- Go to https://razorscan.io/#/faucet
- Paste your ethereum address in the address field.
- Click "Get RAZOR"
- After a few minutes, after your transaction is confirmed, click "Check RAZOR Balance" to confirm you have received some free testnet RAZORs.
Now you are all set! Let's download the CLI client and start staking!
Download and Install
You will need a development environment with
git, python, go, go-ethereum, abigen and nodejs to get started. Please check the internet on guides about how to install these.
In future we will provide a docker container to make things easier.
Clone the repositoy
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:razor-network/razor-go.git
Go to the cloned directory
Want to build your own smart contracts binding (Note : You must have go-ethreum and abigen installed)
npm run build-all
(Note : You can run
npm run buildif you already have bindings)
While building the binary, supply the RPC URL, Gas Multiplier and Buffer Percentage.
The binary will be generated at build/bin
Create a new wallet
Create a new ethereum wallet with a password of your choice.
Send your RAZORs and MATICs to this address.
Stake RAZORs using this command
$ ./razor stake --address <address> --amount <amount>
./razor stake --address 0x5a0b54d5dc17e0aadc383d2db43b0a0d3e029c4c --amount 1000
Wait for the staking process to continue. It may take upto 10 minutes.
- Now you have staked your RAZORs and must start validating queries to avoid inactivity penalties.
- To start validating, use this command
./razor vote --address <address>
./razor vote --address 0x5a0b54d5dc17e0aadc383d2db43b0a0d3e029c4c
Your node will start automatically fetching and answering queries. You must keep our computer online to be able to validate without any interruptions.