Quick start - Stake
Razor network is a proof of stake network. In order to participate in the network as a validator, you will need to "Stake" your Schells. Schells are the native tokens in the network and they are compatible with the ERC20 tokens standard.
Warning: Razor network is in alpha state and is deployed on görli testnet. Please don't use assets with value.
You will need some görli ether to pay for transaction fees.
You can get some here:
In order to get started, you will also need some Görli schells.
- Use an ethereum compatible browser (e.g. Chrome browser with Metamask plugin)
- Set the network to "Görli testnet" in Metamask
- Go to https://razorscan.io/#/faucet
- Paste your ethereum address in the address field.
- Click "Get SCH"
- After a few minutes, after your transaction is confirmed, click "Check SCH Balance" to confirm you have received some free testnet schells.
Now you are all set! Let's download the CLI client and start staking!
Download and Install
You will need a development environment with
git, python and nodejs to get started. Please check the internet on guides about how to install these.
In future we will provide a docker container to make things easier.
Clone the repositoy
git clone email@example.com:razor-network/cli.git
Go to the cloned directory
Create a directory called keys
Rename the file config-sample.json to sample.json
mv config-sample.json config.json
Edit config.json to add your Ethereum node address (private or infura)
Create a new wallet
Create a new ethereum wallet with a password of your choice.
node index.js c <password>
You can check the
keysdirectory for available wallets.
Send your Schells and görli ether to this address.
Stake schells using this command
node index.js stake <amount of schells to stake> <your ethereum address> <your password>
node index.js stake 1000 0xdeadbeef password123
Wait for the staking process to continue. It may take upto 10 minutes.
- Now you have staked your schells and must start validating queries to avoid inactivity penalties.
- To start validating, use this command
node index.js vote <your ethereum address> <your password>
node index.js vote 0xdeadbeef password123
Your node will start automatically fetching and answering queries. You must keep our computer online to be able to validate without any interruptions.